If you’re a cat-owner just like I am and you want your pet to be happy, you may need to read this article. Perhaps you have skimmed through many online reading materials on flea control for cats but if you haven’t found a comprehensive enough note, I’m sure what I have written here can satisfy what you expected for getting rid of fleas properly.
Five most recognizable signs
In fact, our cats hate fleas as much as we people do. Why? Because fleas are definitely irritating and annoying to any hot-blooded animal on Earth. They are hateful parasites who feed on other animal’s blood. They bother not only your pet but also her owner if you’re not cautious enough. Recognize fleas as soon as possible increase your chance to prepare the best flea control for cats.
In the following part I will show you five most recognizable signs your cat has fleas. Please read this and check on your kitten carefully whether she has trouble with fleas. Understanding the symptoms is the first and foremost step to get flea control for cats.
1. Scratching, scratching and scratching. Scratching is the natural reaction of cats (and human of course) to reduce the itchiness. Scratching in cats can be normal behavior; however, if your pet starts doing it too frequently and too intensively, you may have to take a closer look on her. For instance, your cat starts running around and trying to scratch violently or even lacerate her hair coat with her paws or worse, chew her skin. Remember, some cats troubled with fleas don’t react in such extreme way but they just begin to groom themselves excessively, you should keep an eye on her to confirm whether she has fleas or not.
2. Balding. If you can’t recognize the first sign, the second sign is a more convincing proof telling that your beloved animal is in trouble with much tinier ones. Due to reacting too much to relieve the discomfort, cats unexpectedly have their fur thinned out. Pay close attention to your cat in order to determine fleas as soon as possible, this can help you to apply the best flea treatment for cats.
3. Tiny reddish-brown wound on the skin. These are the sign proving that your cat is already a victim of the flea army. These are the sign telling you that you have to apply flea control for cats immediately. These are flea bites; the insects bite your cat’s skin and leave these signs on her skin. What a painful experience.
4. Small black specks on the fur. Some of you may consider them as fleas but actually they’re not. To apply effectively flea control for cats requires some basic understanding about fleas and you can find out yourself here (click link). Small black specks are the flea’s dirt, which means that after digesting your pet’s blood, fleas produce such black blots.
5. Staying away from some parts of your house. Cats are one of the most curious animal and no surprisingly, they usually travel all around you house to find some interesting places to sunbath or to play with wool rolls. But when they begin lazier (they’re too busy to rest on one place to scratch) and avoid frequent to some area in your house, you should be careful. For example, they stop coming to the front and back yard of your house, they avoid step on or lie down on the carpet in the living room, these are the signs. What makes them not feel safe? You may have understood already.
Flea Control For Cats – What You Should Do?
You want flea control for cats; there are many ways you can apply. You should know that prepare flea control for cats is definitely not as hard as you think. High patience and strong intimacy with your furred friend are what you need to combat against fleas.
In this note you will find nothing but natural flea control for cats. In my opinion, artificial substances can be very hazardous and can lead to a number of tragic implications. Internet can bring to you
I strongly recommended you to utilize diatomaceous earth, which looks like chalk dust. The power of such powder lies in the fact that each particle is a deadly killer to fleas. If you want to read more on the substance, please click here. Diatomaceous earth particle can be glued on the flea’s skin, which consequently makes the insect dehydrate and die. I have been searching for many natural flea controls for cats but that is definitely the true natural flea control for cats. The way of utilizing is quite simple, spread the powder in every corner that you pet avoids to get in, wait a bit and vacuum it up.
Another reason that makes me love diatomaceous earth is that it can be found very easily in convenience stores around the US with a very affordable price, or you can order it online here. Note that you should buy Food Grade only, don’t waste your time on diatomaceous earth for swimming pool since it isn’t good for your health.
However, you should pay close attention to the way you use such powder, because there are many articles mentioning the negative effect of the substance of human and animal’s respiration when being overused.
However, using only such substance is not enough to have a total flea control for cats, you should pay more attention to clean up the living environment and the dietary for your kitten, details on such issues are described very clearly here and you can read more to have a perfect flea control for cats.